Saturday, June 4, 2011

Personal Project. Day -1

I have been wanting to do something with my photography for a long time. Photography, being an art, will not be accepted or appreciated by all and I think it is time for me to do something for myself. Need to stop looking for people's approval and learn to appreciate life, knowing that there is more to life than being popular. Not everyone makes it. If I make myself and those closest to me happy at least in my heart, I have made it. I really need to be more grateful, appreciate life and not take it for granted.

This project that I am starting has been a long time coming, I have just needed to find a reason in myself to do it. Many people are part of the project 365 or APAD, where they take one photo a day for a year and share it with the world. I always thought that the aim of this project was to improve photography skills by taking a photo a day, and always criticized people that posted up photo after photo of random crap.  Who was I to criticize them? Just because a photo has no structure, poor quality, doesn't mean that it has no meaning. After stumbling across a blog by Hailey Bartholomew, I have been, I guess inspired somewhat.

Big call, I hope I can keep it up, because I am known to be lazy... but today, I will do it.

For the next 365 days I will be appreciating life. A small portion at a time, taking 1 photo a day of something I am grateful for. Someone once said, "The length of your life is fixed. The width and depth, is up to you". I hope to add to the width and depth of my life and the lives of others that follow my journey for the next 365 days.

"1 photo a day, 1 camera, 1 lens, 1 thing I am grateful for"

This is the 4ONE project.

Day - 1
I was discussing this project with Angie last night, and asked her "What should we be grateful for tomorrow?"

Angie - "We have jobs".

  

To start off the project today, Saturday 4th of Jun 2011, I am grateful that I have a job. I have a job that provides me with an income so that I have something to eat and drink, so that I have somewhere to sleep tonight. When you actually take some time out to think of all the things a job provides for, no longer is it "Urgh... I got to go to work again..." Without a job i wouldn't have this heater that is keeping me warm as I tap away at my keyboard. Although some people have a job that they truly enjoy, and I am certainly envious of such people, at least I have a job, and don't have to worry where my next meal is coming from. Grateful that I have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment